- Offer a unique opportunity to respond to the growing threats to the environment, particularly atmospheric and maritime. Providing a solution to an environmental threat requires innovative methods and multidisciplinary collaboration in order to find a common solution to this threats.
- Strengthen cooperation between Tunisia and Italy to face the risks and disasters that can cause serious consequences for people and environment in both countries.
- Develop a fully operational platform to minimize the effects of air and maritime pollution caused by such events and promote rapid recovery of the environment, activities and customs.
- Promote citizen involvement through a smartphone application that will be used to receive alerts in the form of geo-localized data (maps, text, images …).
Expected changes and solutions proposed by the project:
- Strengthen the cooperation between Tunisia and Italy to tackle the risks and disasters that could cause serious consequences for the people and the environment in both countries. The entire Tunisian-Italian coastal area represents a sensitive area in regards to pollution, especially for the coastal strip, which is characterized by: natural reserves, reproduction areas of marine species, fishing activities, tourist activities, port operations, and human settlements. A natural disaster, an accidental event or extreme weather phenomenon would be impossible to accurately predict in their nature, location, severity and consequences. This brings need to collect as much information as possible to allow to inact the necessary strategies as quickly as possible in case of neccessity.
Funded by :
In collaboration with:
Stefania La Grutta Research Director
Velia Malizia Researcher
Giovanna Cilluffo Researcher
Laura Montalbano Research fellow
Salvatore Fasola Research fellow
Anna Bonomolo Technologist
Donatella Spera Administrative