It starts from Catania a national event that will serve to disseminate the results of studies related to child abuse sufference and the heavy marks it leaves.
Violence against children represents one of the most serious social emergencies of recent decades, even in the most industrialized countries, including Italy. According to the report of Terre des Hommes, in 2016, in Italy, 15 children per day had suffered maltreatment and abuse: devastating numbers. It is quite obvious that the primary prevention of violence against children also consists in planning information and awareness-raising activities of a social and cultural nature.
From November 10 to 19, the Institute for Biomedical Research and Innovation of the CNR in Catania, together with the University Museum System of the University of Catania, the School of Specialization in Paediatrics and the School of Orthopaedics of the University of Catania, will realize a national event, promoted by the Chamber of Deputies, in order to raise awareness and provide information on the issue of violence against minors. The event will include an exhibition of contemporary art entitled “Talking Looks”, with works donated by prestigious national and international artists, associated with specific “Didactic and Propaedeutic Paths” that various pediatricians, orthopaedists, child neuropsychiatrists, developmental psychologists and representatives of the postal police, will carry out in favor of the students of the secondary school of first and second degree, in order to provide information and notions on the theme of violence against minors.
Press LA SICILIA : https://www.irib.cnr.it/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Parano.pdf
News articles about the event on other online newspapers:
- Il 10 novembre Evento la “Violenza sui Minori” – CRONACA OGGI
- Evento: la violenza su minori, mostre d’arte e sensibilizzazione sul tema – NEWSICILIA
- Evento: la violenza su minori, mostre d’arte e sensibilizzazione sul tema – CATANIA OGGI
- Violenza sui Minori: “Sguardi Parlanti” e “Percorsi Didattici e Propedeutici”, evento streaming – SICILIAREPORT
- Evento la Violenza sui Minori – Mostra d’arte “Sguardi Parlanti” – CORRIERE DEL SIMETO
- Violenza sui Minori – Mostra d’arte “Sguardi Parlanti” – “Percorsi Didattici e Propedeutici” – Mercoledì 10 novembre-BOLLETTINO d’ATENEO