Technician VI Lev. at I.R.I.B. - C.N.R. of Palermo - laboratory of "Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Biotechnologies", Head of Dr. Francesco Di Blasi.
Master's Degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology obtained on October 16, 2020 at the University of Palermo, discussing the final internship report entitled "p65 iso5: a new isoform of p65 expressed in liver diseases that binds dexamethasone" under the supervision of Dr. Francesco Di Blasi.
He participated and contributed to the drafting of scientific papers and the publication of technical reports (two-dimensional electrophoresis, nucleic acid extraction, cell cultures, PCR-Polymerase Chain Reaction). He has also participated with oral communications and poster’s presentation in several meetings.
He presented the research activities laboratory techniques in events dedicated to secondary school students in many scientific courses.
- Cultivation under controlled conditions of tumor cells in medium containing serum
- Transient and stable transfections of cultured cell lines
- Amplification for PCR and agarose gel electrophoresis and related purification
- Real Time PCR
- Cloning in plasmid vectors, polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, Western Blot, Southern Blot, Northen Blot analysis
- Preparation and transformation of competent cells (E.coli and Yeast)
- Preparation of cell lysates (total lysates, cytoplasmic and nuclear extracts) from cultured cells and tissues
- Production and purification of recombinant proteins expressed in bacterial strains
- Isolation of human PBMCs (Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells) from whole blood
- Cell apoptosis assay
- Cell viability assay (MTS)
- Transcriptional assay of natural and artificial promoters
- Flow cytometry
- Two-dimensional analysis and electrophoresis
- Isolation and characterization of aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms.